|Brent Pelham Windmill|
|Mill name||Brent Pelham Mill|
|Base storeys||Single-storey base|
|Smock sides||Eight sides|
|No. of sails||Four sails|
|No. of pairs of millstones||Two pairs|
Brent Pelham Mill was built in 1826 by William Halden, who was at Meesden windmill in 1827. It was working until at least 1890 and was disused by 1898. At some point the mill was stripped of machinery and a water tank was built on the smock tower. The mill survives in this form today, clad in corrugated iron.
Brent Pelham Mill is a two-storey smock mill on a single-storey brick base. It had four sails and drove two pairs of millstones. The weatherboarding is vertical, and survives under the corrugated iron.
- Peter Harris 1839-54
- Thomas Miles 1855-63
- Walter Watson 1863-90
Reference for above:-
- Historic England. "THE OLD WINDMILL, THE KENNELS, BRENT PELHAM, EAST HERTFORDSHIRE, HERTFORDSHIRE (/1176043)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 10 June 2009.
- "Brent Pelham Windmill" Windmill World. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "The Old Windmill, Brent Pelham" British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- Moore, Cyril (1999). Hertfordshire Windmills and Windmillers. Sawbridgeworth: Windsup Publishing. pp. 108–109. ISBN 0-9533861-0-4.
- Windmill World webpage on Brent Pelham Mill.