|Born||March 26, 1980|
|Height||175 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||72.7 kg (160 lb)|
|College team||Brigham Young University '06|
McAdams attended Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School, where he was a four-time OHSAA state placer in track and cross country and a three time OHSAA state placer in wrestling. He initially attended Belmont University before leaving the school to complete a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Thailand. On returning to school, McAdams switched to Brigham Young University where he studied microbiology and molecular biology and was a non-scholarship athlete on the track team. He won the 3000 meter Steeplechase at the 2006 NCAA National Championships.  In 2012, McAdams graduated from the Southern College of Optometry and completed a rotation in neuro-optometry and ocular disease at the Miles Eye Center in Show Low, Arizona.
In June 2009 McAdams won the USA Outdoor Steeplechase to become National champion for a second time. McAdams represented USA in the World championships in Berlin, Germany in August 2009.
After a successful 2007, McAdams finished third in the 2008 Olympic Trials for 3,000 meter steeplechase. Following the win at the 2007 AT&T USA Outdoor Championships, he won the gold medal at the 2007 Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in 8 minutes 30.49 seconds. Also that year, he improved his personal best time to 8:21.36, ending the 2007 campaign ranked #1 in the U.S. by Track & Field News.
McAdams won the 2006 NCAA Outdoor Championships 3,000m steeplechase title with his then personal best time of 8:34.10. With this victory, he was the first runner from BYU to win a distance National Champion since his coach, Ed Eyestone, who won the 5,000-meter title in 1985.
He qualified for the 2008 Summer Olympics after coming in 3rd at 2008 Olympic Trials.
- 2009: USA Outdoor champion (8:29.91)
- 2008: 9th in opening round at Olympic Games (8:33.26)…3rd at Olympic Trials (8:21.99)...ranked #3 in U.S. by T&FN...best of 8:21.99.
- 2007: USA Outdoor champion (8:24.46)…Pan American Games champ (8:30.49)… 5th in heats at World Outdoors (8:32.46)...2nd at Nike Prefontaine Classic (8:21.36PR)…2nd at Payton Jordan Cardinal Invitational (8:23.69)…ranked #1 in U.S. by T&FN…best of 8:21.36.
- 2006: NCAA champion (8:34.10)…10th at USA Outdoors (8:37.91)…best of 8:34.10.
- 2005: 8th at USA Outdoors (8:39.81)…9th at NCAA Outdoors (8:36.88)…best of 8:34.84.
- 2004: Best of 8:45.26.
McAdams is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He served a two-year church mission in Bangkok, Thailand. He currently lives in Meridian, Idaho, with his wife, Whitney, and four kids. He owns and operates McAdams Eye Care PLLC.
- "Runner's World Racing News". Archived from the original on 2008-10-06. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- "Miles Eye Center - Dr McAdams". Archived from the original on 2016-04-15. Retrieved 2018-07-23.
- "Mormon Times, August 25th, 2008". Archived from the original on 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2008-08-25.