Little Munden Primary School
|Little Munden Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School|
Church Lane, Dane End
|Type||Voluntary controlled school|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Church of England|
|Department for Education URN||117402 Tables|
|Head teacher||Marina Breeze|
|Age||4 to 11|
|Enrolment||70 (2017-18) |
Little Munden Primary School is a Church of England voluntary controlled primary school in the village of Dane End, near Ware in Hertfordshire. It is a one-form entry school educating boys and girls aged between four and 11 years. There are four classes organised by age. The school roll varies but is generally between 85 and 100.
The school was founded in 1819 at All Saints Church in Little Munden by the Reverend J P Reynolds, who served as rector from 1819 to 1831. Reynolds helped to raise the finance for a new school on a separate site. The school was duly opened in 1826. A small extension for infants was added in 1869, and the school was further enlarged in 1900, 1970, and 1973.
Little Munden was originally a parish school serving children of all ages. In 1945, following the 1944 Education Act, under which it was stipulated that all children over 11 years old should attend secondary school, Little Munden became a primary school.
The Ofsted report of the inspection in February 2014 rated the overall effectiveness of the school as 'Good', point two on a four-point scale. It said "Achievement is good. From low starting points, pupils make good progress to reach average standards at the end of Year 6." and "Teaching is good. Teachers make learning enjoyable so pupils readily come to school." The assessment of 'Good' was reiterated in the report of the Short Inspection in December 2017.
The school benefits from an active PTFA, Friends of Little Munden, who raise money for the school via a range of community events held throughout the year. These include the Dane End Summer Festival and Christmas Parade.
- "School Website: Welcome to Parents". Archived from the original on 5 July 2007. Retrieved 18 July 2007.
- "Little Munden Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School". Gov.UK. 2017–18. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Statutory Instruments 1999 No. 2432 The Designation of Schools Having a Religious Character (England) Order 1999", Office of Public Sector Information
- "Little Munden School" Archived 9 June 2007 at the Wayback Machine, Mundens.net, retrieved 18 July 2007
- History of Little Munden School retrieved 18 July 2007 Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Historic England, "Details from listed building database (1102261)", National Heritage List for England, retrieved 18 July 2007 Picture and description.
- "Proposed Diversion Of Footpath 1 Little Munden Away From School Site" Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine, Hertfordshire County Council Development Control Committee, 6 February 2001
- "Inspection report". Ofsted. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Inspection report". Ofsted. 5 January 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Hertford Museum Newsletter, January 2007, No.48" Archived 22 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine, Hertford Museum
- "Schools Newsletter: Spring 2007", Diocese of St Albans: Board of Education, retrieved 19 July 2007