|Area||8.2 sq mi (21 km2)|
|• Density||58/sq mi (22/km2)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||ST AlBANS|
|Ambulance||East of England|
St Michael was an ancient parish. The parish church was St Michael's Church in St Albans. Part of the parish was within the Municipal Borough of St Albans until 1894, when it was split to create St Michael Urban in the borough and St Michael Rural outside. St Michael Rural became part of St Albans Rural District.
Parts of St Michael Rural were transferred to the borough of St Albans in 1913 (138 acres) and 1935 (890 acres).
Settlement is dispersed across a number of small and isolated hamlets:
- http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/LeadTableView.do?a=7&b=11128795&c=st+michael&d=16&e=62&g=6434494&i=1001x1003x1032x1004&m=0&r=1&s=1385656972114&enc=1&dsFamilyId=2473[dead link]
- Listing for St Michael Parish Council
- Neighbourhood statistics St Michael CP, Accessed 26 January 2013
- William Page, ed. (1908). "Parishes: St Michael's". Victoria County History A History of the County of Hertford: Volume 2. pp. 392–405. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "St Albans Registration District". UKBMD. Retrieved 31 October 2022.