The history of the park goes back to Roman times and was crossed by Ermine Street. It was originally the park of Cheshunt Great House. It is grass and woodland which has ancient hedgerows, wildflower meadows, a pond and an orchard which is cropped by traditional cattle breeds. It has car parking, a playground, toilets and a café.
There is access from Park Lane.
- The Natural England page of the site is wrongly headed "Chestnut Park", but it refers to the "Friends of Cheshunt Park" and the map is correctly labelled
- "Chestnut Park (sic)". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. 20 March 2014. Archived from the original on 10 February 2015. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "Map of Cheshunt Park". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "Cheshunt Park leaflet" (PDF). Borough of Broxbourne. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "Cheshunt Park". Hertfordshire Countryside Management Service. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- Page, William, ed. (1912). "A History of the County of Hertford". Victoria County History. pp. 458–462.