|North Borneo at the|
1956 Summer Olympics
|NOC||North Borneo Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||2 in 1 sport|
|Flag bearer||Chacha G. S. Kler.|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
North Borneo competed at the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, Australia. It was the only Olympic appearance by the former British protectorate, which formed part of the new country Malaysia in 1963.
Medals by Summer Games
|1960 Rome||did not participate|
|1964–present||As part of Malaysia (MAS)|
Both of the North Bornean athletes competed in the same event—men's triple jump—but neither qualified for the final.
|Gabuh Piging||Men's triple jump||14.55 m||24||Did not advance|
|Sium Bin Diau||14.09 m||28||Did not advance|
- Oh, GL (7 August 2021). "Sabah participated in the Olympics – as North Borneo". Daily Express. Archived from the original on 21 September 2021. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- Afifah, Nur (27 July 2021). "Tahukah Anda Bahawa Sabah Pernah Menyertai Temasya Sukan Olimpik Sebagai Sebuah Negara?" [Did You Know That Sabah Once Participated In The Olympics As A Nation?] (in Malay). ILoveBorneo.my. Archived from the original on 21 September 2021. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "Olympic Results". International Olympic Committee.
- "North Borneo". Olympedia.com.
- "Olympic Analytics/NBO". olympanalyt.com.
- "North Borneo at the 1956 Summer Olympics". Olympedia.com.
- The Official Report of the Organizing Committee for the Games of the XVI Olympiad Melbourne 1956 (PDF). Melbourne: The Organizing Committee of the XVI Olympiad, Melbourne, 1956. 1958. Retrieved 30 August 2008.